Sunday, September 18, 2016

Seoul: 까페오시정 (Cafe 5 Cijung)

Wishing I was back there, in those carefree moments again.
까페오시정 (Cafe 5 Cijung)


Samcheongdong has no shortage of lovely cafes, but Cafe 5 Cijung is a hidden gem. It's not on the main Samcheongdong road, and we happened to stumble upon it by chance. I had read about the cafe online, so decided to just pop in to check it out, and also, for a drink to cool off for a bit.


It's primarily white and airy, with lots of natural light flowing into the cafe, and well stocked with lots of woodsy kitschy knick knacks. A cafe ideal for girlfriends to hang out and gossip, or to sit alone for some me-time with a book or two.


We ordered a jug of yuzu-ade (ahhhhh, the bliss of a cold drink on a hot day), which came with a free scone. The scone was buttery soft and super scrumptious (would so be back again for this alone). There was butter and banana jam to complement the scone. I would rather have a tart fruit jam but oh well, butter alone would suffice actually. :)


There's another branch, at Garosu-gil I think, which I havn't seen before. Perhaps I should try seeking it out the next time I'm in Seoul.


까페오시정 (Cafe 5 Cijung)
Address: 서울중구남산동 2가 15-11
Get there: Anguk Station, Exit 1.
Opening Hours: Mon to Sun 1130am - 11pm
Phone: 02-730-2008
Website: http://www.5cijung.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...